Originally built in the 1890’s as the main barracks for Fort McKinley (which served as Portland’s coastal defense system until 1947), it was repurposed into the Inn at Diamond Cove boasting forty-four deluxe guest rooms and suites on Casco Bay’s Great Diamond Island.
Recipient of the Maine Preservation Honor Award
Location: Great Diamond Island, Maine
Number of Units: 44
Square Footage: 54,065