05 Dec Motherhouse is Complete!
In just sixteen short months, Portland Builders transformed 101,205 sq. ft. of the former Sisters of Mercy Convent into 88 units of energy-efficient, sustainable senior and market value senior housing apartments.
The project was made possible through a collective effort led by Developers Collaborative, Maine Housing Authority, Maine State Preservation office, the National Park Service, Archetype PA, and Portland Builders.
- Portland Builders Sixteenth Historical tax credit project
- Removal, cataloging and reinstallation of all interior trim
- Refinishing of all hardwood floors
- Preservation of all fresco’s, terrazzo floors and stain glass in the sanctuary
- Grand staircase restored
- All apartments fully conditioned
Portland Builders is proud to be a major regional contributor in the Historic Preservation of buildings who define us as a community, while simultaneously driving economic development.